About Danny Brown
This is where I’m meant to share all the awesome stuff I’ve done so I sound super impressive, and give you a reason to feel you should read this blog, since clearly my achievements demand that.
Here’s the short version. I’m father to two amazing children who make me laugh, cry, hope, fear, anticipate, and cherish every single day. I’m husband to an awesome wife who supports me in more ways than she can ever know, and who I could never repay if I lived a thousand years.
I’ve been blogging since 1999, from way back when you needed to know HTML to even write a sentence. And comments? Forget about it!
While I’ve grown my online “presence” (how fake does that sound??) blogging about marketing and social media, I can’t help but feel all this chase for content over quality is taking us away from what it means to be a blogger.
In short, I miss pure blogging and when it was just about us, and the words we shared as collaborators, from blogger to reader and back.
This blog is my path back to that form of blogging. I hope you enjoy.
Boring Professional Stuff
Co-author of Influence Marketing: How to Create, Manage and Measure Brand Influencers in Social Media Marketing, described as “the book that will change the way we do business today”, and recognized as one of the Top 100 Business Books in America by Nielsen BookScan.
Author of The Parables of Business, offering business tips and advice through the art of storytelling. This collection of eleven stories helps business owners build not only their business and brand loyalty, but also employee loyalty and a mindset to do business the right way.
Author of Why Simple Works, a collection of short business tips and thoughts on why you may want to reconsider reinventing the wheel when it comes to your business and products.
Multiple award-winning marketer and blogger; voted one of Canada’s Top 50 Marketing Blog; and won the Hive Award for Best Social Media Blog at the South by Southwest festival.
I’ve delivered results for some of the biggest organizations in technology, digital and consumer, including BlackBerry, British Telecom, Orange, Microsoft Canada, IBM, Ford Canada, FedEX, Scotiabank, Vodafone, Dell and LG Electronics.
I’ve spoken at TEDx, New Media Expo, Social Mix and numerous business conference and events, and am regularly quoted in publications and news media, including Marketing Magazine, Canadian Marketing Association, Toronto Star, CTV News, Globe and Mail, Fast Company and City News Toronto.
I live in Burlington, Ontario, with my awesome wife, very funny son, adorable little girl, and two very cute little Chinese Crested dogs.
Notable Mentions and Awards:
– Founder of the 12for12k charity initiative
– Co-founder of The Friendship Bench
– Founder of Pure Blogging
– Founder of the For Bloggers By Bloggers blogger resource centre
– Co-author, Influence Marketing
– Author, Why Simple Works
– Author, The Parables of Business
– Author, The Little Book of Inspiration
– Speaker at TEDx Ottawa
– Speaker at Social Mix
– Featured in NetGen’s Commitment to Youth
– Featured in the AdAge Power 150 list
– Featured in Marketing in 2010 book
– Featured in Staggering Social Media Insights book
– Featured in Marketing Magazine
– Featured on City News Toronto
– Contributor to Canadian Marketing Association
– Young Entrepreneur Top 10 Marketing Blogs
– One of Canada’s Top 50 Marketing Blogs
– Top Marketing and Social Media Blog 2009
– The Hive Award for Best Social Media Blog
– The PR Reader’s Choice Award for Most Thought-Provoking Blog
– Featured in Cision’s Top 100 Social Media Blogs
– Featured on The Rise to the Top
– One of Cision’s Top 10 Most Influential Independent PR Bloggers on Twitter